1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
This Privacy Statement explains how Daruma (“Daruma,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses, and discloses your information. The Privacy Statement applies to all services and products, except those products that have a separate Privacy Statement.
Where applicable, you consent to the use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement each time you use our products or services, so we urge you to read this document in full, and Contact Us if you have any questions.
INFORMATION COLLECTING, USE & SHARING
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
· See what data we have about you, if any.
· Change/correct any data we have about you.
· Have us delete any data we have about you.
· Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
Here is a description of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
What Personal Information We Collect
Depending on the products and services you use, we collect different kinds of personal information from or about you.
· Information you provide: We collect the personal information you provide—such as your name, username, or email address—when you use our products and services, create an account, Contact Us, participate in an online survey, participate in community discussions or chat rooms, apply for employment, interact with us at in-person events, or otherwise interact with us.
· Information about payments: If you make a purchase, we collect personal information in connection with the purchase. This information includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping, and contact details. We do not collect this information on our website nor do we store this information.
· Information about use of our services and products: When you visit our website or cloud environment, we may collect information about the type of device you use, your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, browsing information, session summary information, file attributes (including attributes for photos, videos, music, and documents), and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. We may gather some of this information automatically. Where available, our services may use GPS, your IP address, and other technologies to determine a device’s approximate location to allow us to improve our products and services.
· Information from third parties: We may collect information from third parties, including business partners and marketing agencies. This includes your contact information from marketing partners when we engage in joint marketing or co-branding activities, your IP address or location information from service providers to offer certain products and services relevant to your location, and data from your social networks to authenticate your product use with us, or that you grant permission to our products or services to access.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Generally speaking, we use personal information to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted advertisements and services, and to protect us and our users.
Daruma collects, processes, and determines how to process your personal information as data controller for the following purposes:
· Providing, improving, and developing our products and services: We use personal information to help us provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising. This includes using personal information for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity. If you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, we may use the personal information you provide to administer those programs. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain further information about how we use personal information, so we encourage you to read those rules carefully before participating.
· Communicating with you: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to send you marketing communications in relation to Daruma’s own products and services; communicate with you about your account, transactions, or employment requests; and inform you about our policies and terms. Also subject to your prior express consent, we may share your personal information with third-party partners who may send you marketing communications in relation to their products and services. If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, please Contact Us to opt out. We may use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us.
· Offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to personalize your experience with our products and services, on third-party websites and applications, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
For any of the uses of your data described above that require your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent by Contacting Us .
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
You can remove or reject cookies using your browser or device settings, but in some cases doing so may affect your ability to use our products and services.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
We share personal information with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting; email services; marketing; sponsoring of sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions; auditing; payment processing; fulfilling customer orders; data analytics; providing customer support; conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys; and other services that assist in selling our products and services. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
Corporate Affiliates and Corporate Business Transactions
In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal information to the relevant third party.
Legal Compliance and Security
It may be necessary—by law or as a result of legal process, litigation, or requests from public or governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence—for us to disclose personal information. We may also disclose personal information if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose personal information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Depending on where you live, you may have the rights described below.
You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to object to or restrict, at any time, the further processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain.
You may contact us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us and include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the request.
Please contact us to remove your information in relation to the following uses of your personal information:
· providing, improving, and developing our products and services;
· communicating with you;
· sharing your personal information with third-party partners for marketing communications;
· offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services;
· promoting safety and security; or
· providing products and services
If you remove your information, we have no obligation to retain your information, and we may delete any or all of your information without liability. We may retain, however, information related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, if required by law, or for legitimate purposes, such as analysis of non-personal information, account recovery, auditing our records, or enforcing our rights and obligations under our agreements.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Our products and services, including our websites and digital media properties, may contain links to or the ability for you to access third-party websites, products, and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those third parties, nor are we responsible for the information or content their products and services contain. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by us. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third parties before proceeding to use their websites, products, or services.
INFORMATION SECURITY, INTEGRITY, AND RETENTION
If you feel that the security of your personal information has been compromised, please immediately contact us. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16—or the equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, such as 13 in the United States—we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please contact us immediately if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and you are a registered user of our products or services, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please contact us with specific information about where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. We will then make reasonable, good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, or anonymize it so you cannot be individually identified, to the extent required by applicable law. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
INFORMATION TRANSFERS, STORAGE, AND PROCESSING GLOBALLY
When we share your personal information with our partners, Daruma -affiliated companies, and service providers, your personal information may be transferred to and/or made accessible from countries out of the European Economic Area. In such circumstances, we will enter into model contractual clauses as adopted by the European Commission, or rely on alternative legal bases such as the Privacy Shield, where applicable, or binding corporate rules where our partners or service providers have adopted such internal policies approved by European data protection authorities.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may periodically change this Privacy Statement to keep pace with new technologies, industry practices, and regulatory requirements, among other reasons. We expect most such changes to be minor. Any non-material changes will take effect immediately upon posting of an updated Privacy Statement. There may, however, be cases where changes to the Privacy Statement may be more significant. In such cases, we will provide you either a prominent notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification.
Your continued use of our products and services after the effective date of the Privacy Statement means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the revised Privacy Statement, please refrain from using our products or services and contact us to remove any information you may have provided.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or its implementation, you may e-mail us at darumamovie at gmail dot com
Last Modified: October 8, 2019
DEFINITION OF “COOKIES”
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are widely used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. We also use other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, including web beacons and pixel tags, for similar purposes. In this Cookie Statement, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
TYPES OF COOKIES
· Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our websites and services and to enable essential features, such as providing shopping cart or product application functionality. If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to fulfill your requests.
· Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites and services and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing. The information these cookies collect allows us to optimize our websites and make them easier for you to use, and it does not personally identify you. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications, and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
· Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information we use in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites, applications and services are being used and how effective our marketing campaigns are, and to help us customize our websites. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
· Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing or shopping history and are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. We may share this information with third parties to help create and deliver advertising personalized to you and your interests. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
· Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content on our websites and services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
COOKIES PLACED BY THIRD PARTIES
You may also encounter cookies on our websites, applications and services that are placed by third parties. We may allow third parties to place cookies on our websites to track information about your online activities and/or across third-party sites or online services, including to send you targeted advertisements based on that information, which may include the remarketing of our products and services that you have viewed on our websites and on third-party websites.
CONTROLLING AND OPTING OUT OF COOKIES
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device’s help material. If you choose to reject cookies, as noted above, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services.
DO NOT TRACK
Some browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. We do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.